Saturday, June 14, 2014

AMAZING GRACE


AMAZING GRACE :

John 8:4-5 "They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?"

This was possibly the most potentially damaging temptation the scribes and Pharisees ever presented to Jesus. Much of Jesus' widespread popularity with the people was because of His examples of and teachings about God's mercy and forgiveness towards sinners. This was received with great enthusiasm by the people who, before this time had been presented with only a harsh, legalistic, judgmental picture of God.

The scribes and Pharisees had often tried to portray Jesus as condoning or practicing sin because of His association with sinners and His ministry to them when it violated Jewish traditions, such as the Sabbath. However, Jesus had successfully turned every attack into a victory for the side of grace and mercy.

This time, the Jews felt that they had Him "cornered." If Jesus held to His teachings of forgiveness and refused to stone this woman, He would be in direct rebellion to the law of Moses. This would give these Jews legal grounds to kill Jesus. On the other hand, if He stoned the woman as the law declared, the people would forsake Him. It looked like they had Him trapped either way He went.

As always, the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and Jesus rose to the occasion. He did not condone the sin nor disregard the law of Moses. He simply told the one who was without sin to cast the first stone. As the Holy Ghost began to convict them of their own sin, they all had to leave. They, therefore, could not fault Jesus for not stoning the woman. Jesus was justified in His forgiveness of this woman because He was operating under the dispensation of grace. Think about God's grace today.

HONOR GOD & HE WILL HONOR YOU


All through Scripture, we read that God wants to bless us. And not only does He want to bless us, He has a way to bless us. He has a system set in place so that when we do things His way, we get His results!

The Bible says that His ways are higher than our ways. So many times we try to figure things out in our natural thinking. We try to come up with a plan and look for ways to get the things we need and desire. But in God’s system, the plan for blessing is already established. All we have to do is position ourselves by following His commands. When we honor His Word by giving our tithes and offerings, we are positioning ourselves under the open window of heaven. That’s what it says in Malachi 3:10 that “when you bring your whole tithe into the storehouse, I (God) will open up the windows of heaven and pour out blessings you can’t contain.” When you live a lifestyle of giving—giving of your time, your talents, and resources to bless others in His name, you are living a lifestyle of blessing! When you live to give, God will make sure that every need you have is met in abundance to His glory.

Today, if you’ve never stepped out in faith in the area of giving, ask God to show you one way to be a blessing to someone. Ask Him what He wants you to give today. Scripture says to try Him. Prove Him. That means to take a step of faith and let God show you His faithfulness! Honor Him and put Him first in your life, and He will honor you. Remember, you can’t out give God and when you become a giver and a tither, you can wake up every morning and say, “I am positioned for a blessing!”

“Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.” (Proverbs 11:24-25, NLT)

TEACHING BY EXAMPLE


Bring [your children] up in the training and admonition of the Lord. —Ephesians 6:4

While waiting for an eye examination, I was struck by a statement I saw in the optometrist’s office: “Eighty percent of everything children learn in their first 12 years is through their eyes.” I began thinking of all that children visually process through reading, television, film, events, surroundings, and observing the behavior of others, especially their families. On this Father’s Day, we often think about the powerful influence of a dad.

Paul urged fathers not to frustrate their children to the point of anger, but to “bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord” (Eph. 6:4). Think of the powerful example of a dad whose behavior and consistency inspire admiration from his children. He’s not perfect, but he’s moving in the right direction. A great power for good is at work when our actions reflect the character of God, rather than distort it.

That’s challenging for any parent, so it’s no coincidence that Paul urges us to “be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might” (v.10). Only through His strength can we reflect the love and patience of our heavenly Father.


We teach our children far more from how we live than by what we say.

Heavenly Father, I need to know Your love in order to love others. I want to experience and share Your patience and kindness with those I care about. Fill me and use me.

We honor fathers who not only gave us life, but who also show us how to live.

CAST YOUR CARES ON HIM :

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. – 1 Peter 5:6

When I first learned to cast my cares on the Lord, I was down in south Texas preaching a meeting that nobody was coming to. I'm telling you, people were staying away from that meeting by the thousands; and after a service or two with just the preacher, one or two others and me in attendance, I was starting to sweat it. But the Lord said, "Cast that care on Me," so I did.

I started walking around grinning and whistling. I told the devil, "I'm not going to frown or have one worried thought. I came here to preach and that's what I'm going to do, and it's God's business whether anyone shows up or not. I couldn't care less!"

I went around so happy I felt downright foolish. The devil said, "What's the matter with you? Don't you even have sense enough to worry over something like this?" I suppose people were saying, "I guess he's too dumb to worry. I think it's because he's never been to seminary. He can't tell a landslide from a flop."

But I told the Lord, "I have my care rolled over on You, and if nobody shows up but that one dear old woman, she's going to be the most preached-up old woman in the state of Texas because I'm going to preach just the same as if there were a crowd."

I didn't realize then what was happening, but that carefreeness put me in a non-compromising position with the devil. He couldn't get to me anymore. He couldn't get me in fear and unbelief anymore. He couldn't pressure me and get me to compromise because I didn't care. I'd given all my care to God!

Are you ready to be free of care? If you are, just make this confession of faith:

I'm a believer. I'm not a doubter. The Word works in me; and at this moment, I humble myself under the mighty hand of God. I cast all my care over on Him. From this moment forward, I refuse to worry. Instead, I will pray. I will use my faith and believe, and He'll exalt me over the problem and over the devil. For I belong to Jesus and He cares for me!

THE BENEFITS OF SALVATION

True believers in Christ, Christians, walk in Holy Ghost power that gives proof of the resurrection. This is way more than quoting a bible scripture, teaching a nice Sunday school class or sharing with a friend at the coffee shop. Jesus said, “He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do because I go unto my Father” (John 14:12).

Before a person can receive the benefits of salvation they need to know what belongs to them. This is confirmed in the scripture, “Faith cometh for by hearing and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:17). Once you know what belongs to you then all you need to do is receive it. That goes as much for deliverance from unclean spirits as it does for physical healing. The Apostle Paul wrote that he prayed for believers to come to the place where they knew what belonged to them in Christ. Today we could call those the benefits of salvation. He wrote,

“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.” (Ephesians 1:17-22)

PRAYER FOR THE DAY :

“The earth is filled with your love, LORD; teach me your decrees.” (Psalm 119:64)

Dear Heavenly Father, I praise You. I honor You. This is the day the Lord has made; let me rejoice and be glad in it. I sing You a new song on this new blissful day. May God impart me wisdom and knowledge and help me to fulfill as many as good deeds from today till eternity!

Gratefully, in Jesus’ holy name. Amen !!!




HOLY SPIRIT 

Jesus told His disciples that He was going to leave them to go to His Father’s house but He promised to send another Comforter the Holy Spirit

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged, or I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father,” (Jn. 16:16).

After Pentecost, the disciples were new men, new creations, because they had God inside of them. Those filled with the Holy Ghost will have His power love and Glory. They become partners with the Holy Ghost in making all things like Him. It is not whether we will have love or the Gifts and Manifestations of the Spirit, but whether we will have love, and also the Gifts and Manifestation of the Spirit

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/drpatholliday/2014/06/11/baptism-of-the-holy-spiritdr-pat-hollidaydr-pat-hollidaymarshall-perot#.U5v1UZaeQ00. 



Free Christian Ebooks http://walthope.tripod.com

Fair Use Notice: There is some copyrighted material on this site, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to our efforts to advance understanding of serious issues. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for educational purposes.


No comments:

Post a Comment