Sunday, June 23, 2013

I Will Give You Rest

I Will Give You Rest


"Come unto me, all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 6-7 (TLB)

The Word of God is a testimony to the fact that God in Christ Jesus is on the side of His trusting ones no matter what they are going through.  The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry. The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all." (Psalm 34:15-19).  "Cast your burden on the LORD,  And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction;  Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; But I will trust in You." (Psalm 55:22) " He gives power to the weak,  And to those who have no might He increases strength." (Isaiah 40:29).

The Lord always is and will remain for His trusting ones their Savior, Friend Healer, Deliverer, Defender, Avenger, Rock, Refuge, Reward and Shield. The Lord is an unchanging God. He will not leave them nor forsake them. Once He has promised them something, He will not go back from His word.  They can put their  entire trust in the Lord and rest in Him and wait patiently for Him to move on their behalf. They can believe in His promises and He will lift them and exalt them. His word is true:

Do not fret because of evildoers, Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good;  Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.  Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD,  Trust also in Him,  And He shall bring it to pass.  He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,  And your justice as the noonday. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;  Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,  Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret-it only causes harm. For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the LORD, They shall inherit the earth.  For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;  Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,  But it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. Psalm 37:1-11.

There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,  Who rides the heavens to help you,  And in His excellency on the clouds.  The eternal God is your refuge,  And underneath are the everlasting arms;  He will thrust out the enemy from before you,  And will say, 'Destroy!' Then Israel shall dwell in safety,  The fountain of Jacob alone,  In a land of grain and new wine;  His heavens shall also drop dew.  Happy are you, O Israel!  Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD,  The shield of your help  And the sword of your majesty! Your enemies shall submit to you,  And you shall tread down their high places." Deuteronomy 33:25-29

With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles." And the people were strengthened by the words of Hezekiah king of Judah. 2 Chronicles 32:7-8

Victory is given only in battle and not outside of it. God has promised to bring His true children through everything including poverty, lack, afflictions and want and not keep them there.  He has an answer and solution for every problem His people face and need that they have. But it’s not a standard solution for God is not limited in any way as to how He will work a miracle for them that will bring glory and honor to His name. If they could solve the problem or work out a solution they would not need God and they wouldn’t know what faith in God will achieve?

Yes, without the troubles and the storms we would never know what faith in God can do. Through it all we can learn to trust in Jesus, learn to trust in God, learn to depend upon His word! The battles of Life are fought and won not by human logic or reasoning but by the obedience to the Spirit of the Lord, to the same Spirit that was on Jesus and is on His true ones.  For God’s word is true:

Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it;  Unless the LORD guards the city,  The watchman stays awake in vain. Psalm 127:1

The LORD is my shepherd;  I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures;  He leads me beside the still waters.  He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,  I will fear no evil;  For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;  You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me  All the days of my life;  And I will dwell in the house of the LORD  Forever. Psalm 23:1-6

For those who love the LORD their God, walk in His ways and hold fast to Him, the Lord delivers and the Lord protects them. He drives out their enemies before them and they dispose of them. He heals them and sends His healing anointing to them. He opens the windows of heaven and pour His financial blessings on them. He blesses and prospers them and expands their territory and causes them to eat the good of the land. His word is unchanging:

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested. 1 Chronicles 4:10

Yes, God who is immensely good and rich has wonderful conditional promises for His people that if they will do their part He will do His part. He is especially concerned when His people are poor and needy and has told them to approach the throne of Grace to find mercy and grace in time of need. His word is unchanging:

"The poor and needy seek water, but there is none, Their tongues fail for thirst.  I, the LORD, will hear them;  I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will open rivers in desolate heights, And fountains in the midst of the valleys;  I will make the wilderness a pool of water,  And the dry land springs of water. I will plant in the wilderness the cedar and the acacia tree,  The myrtle and the oil tree;  I will set in the desert the cypress tree and the pine  And the box tree together, That they may see and know,  And consider and understand together,  That the hand of the LORD has done this,  And the Holy One of Israel has created it. "Present your case," says the LORD. "Bring forth your strong reasons," says the King of Jacob. Isaiah 41:17-21

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16

Yes, God is a good God who can be trusted no matter what is going on in the world.  He is not like the others. He is good, faithful, true and compassionate! He is the salvation of the righteous  and their strength in the time of trouble. He shall help them and deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him. He desires and wills that His children have total and complete victory in all the battles of life and be more than conquerors and overcomers. He doesn’t want them to just get by but to live in victory and prosperity and abundance. His wants to fight for them and to triumph gloriously on their behalf against all their enemies. His word is unchanging:

Stir up Yourself, and awake to my vindication, To my cause, my God and my Lord.  Vindicate me, O LORD my God, according to Your righteousness;  And let them not rejoice over me. Let them not say in their hearts, "Ah, so we would have it!"  Let them not say, "We have swallowed him up."  Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion  Who rejoice at my hurt;  Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor  Who exalt themselves against me. Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause;  And let them say continually,  “Let the LORD be magnified,  Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”  And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness And of Your praise all the day long. Psalm 35:23-28

God’s seasons are not at the command of mortal men.  Just because at the first stroke of the flint does not bring forth the fire, doesn’t mean there will not be a fire?  God’s delays are not His denials.   For His trusting true ones God always hears their prayers and will answer them in due season.  Hence they have need of perseverance and endurance for the miracle answer will come from the God of miracles. They need not fear but are to let their hands be strong for God will save them and they shall be a blessing. As God’s power and resources are unlimited and not dependent on their limited power and resources. His word is unchanging:

May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;  May He send you help from the sanctuary,  And strengthen you out of Zion;  May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah  May He grant you according to your heart's desire,  And fulfill all your purpose.  We will rejoice in your salvation,  And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!  May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.  Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed;  He will answer him from His holy heaven  With the saving strength of His right hand. Psalm 20:1-6

My soul still remembers And sinks within me.  This I recall to my mind,  Therefore I have hope.  Through the LORD'S mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.  "The LORD is my portion," says my soul,  "Therefore I hope in Him!"  The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,  To the soul who seeks Him.  It is good that one should hope and wait quietly  For the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:20-26

And He said to them, "Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves;  'for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him';  "and he will answer from within and say, 'Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you'? "I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  Luke 11:5-10

Poverty, like a snowstorm, attempts to destroy our life. In our worldly life, financial discrepancies, Debt- burdens penury... perplex us. According to Ecclesiastes 7:12, "money (wealth/riches) is defense" Ecclesiastes 10:19 says, " money answers everything." That is why God is ever ready to save us from the terrible whirlwind of poverty by providing us with financial strength for He is our refuge and strength in time of trouble. His word is unchanging:

"The Lord is in His holy temple, The Lord's throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men." Psalm 11:4

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8”31-32

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time." 1 Peter 5:6

WALTER KAMBULOW
VICTORY MINISTRIES

No comments:

Post a Comment