Monday, February 16, 2015

ALL THINGS


 Who Performs All Things For Me

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!  For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by. I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me.  He shall send from heaven and save me;  He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah  God shall send forth His mercy and His truth. Psalm 57:1-3

One of the criticisms leveled against “Word of Faith” crowd is “If we can produce whatever our hearts desire by simply demanding what we want by faith, if we can manipulate the universe and perhaps even God, then we have our own personal genie just waiting to fulfill our wishes. Frederick K.C. Price wastes no words when he writes:

"Now this is a shocker! But God has to be given permission to work in this earth realm on behalf of man. … Yes! You are in control! So if man has control, who no longer has it? God. ... When God gave Adam dominion, that meant God no longer had dominion. So, God cannot do anything on this earth unless we let Him or give Him permission through prayer" (Prayer: Do You Know What Prayer Is. ... and How to Pray? The Word Study Bible, p. 1178).

But we do have the psalmist David appearing to manipulate God and having his own personal genie just waiting to fulfill  his wishes when he states “I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me. “  And Jesus clearly told believers:

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. John 15:7

So how can “Word of Faith” critics restrict or complain about what God will or will not do for a believer? They cannot! However the Word of God is also very clear about the value of mountain moving faith without love:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,  each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.  If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.  If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.  Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?  If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.1 Corinthians 3:12-17

According to scriptures doing anything without having love profits us nothing. And anything means just about anything!  According to scriptures every one’s work will be tested by fire to see if its  gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw.  If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.  If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. And if anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. So even legitimate things and works such as mountain moving faith can be burnt up for being devoid of love?

Yet all of this doesn’t change the fact that God has a covenant with His true trusting ones to be a God unto them, an enemy to their enemies and an adversary to their adversaries (Exodus 23:32). Critics of Word of faith don’t like the concept of "The first step to spiritual maturity is to realize your position before God. You are a child of God and a joint-heir with Jesus. Consequently, you are entitled to all the rights and privileges in the kingdom of God, and one of their rights is health and healing". But scripture doesn’t tell us that Jesus or any of the Apostles as the “son of God” were sick or remained sick? On the contrary Apostle Peter, James and John clearly tell us:

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-by whose stripes you were healed. 1 Peter 2:24

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.  For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:2-4

So the scripture truth is that God wants us to prosper in all things and be in health, just as our soul prospers and has made provision for healing through the prayer of faith! It’s biblical and it’s in the bible no matter what Word of Faith critics say or think about it! Yes God’s word is unchanging about fleshly people even so called Christians being undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, and unmerciful:

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;  being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,  backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,  undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:28-32

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:12-16

But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Hebrews 5:14

Yes the word of God tells us that the natural man, the carnal man, does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But the spiritual man is taught by God by the Holy Spirit and speaks not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches! Babes cannot handle the solid food of the word of God because solid food belongs to those who are of full age.

Because babes have not come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,  they are children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, and don’t speak the truth in love, as they have not grown up in all things into Him who is the head-Christ. And God’s word is unchanging:

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." ' Revelation 2:7

"He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Revelations 3:5

"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name. Revelation 3:12

"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. Revelation 3:21

"He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. Revelation 21:7

EXTRACT FROM In The Time Of Trouble
JESUS IS GOD  http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-1BH
YOU MUST BELIEVE GOD http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-Fc
A HEALTH AND WEALTH CHRISTIAN  http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-24v
BETHEL TEMPLE   http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-29r
SOWING AND REAPING http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-2ba
Free Christian Ebooks http://walthope.tripod.com




No comments:

Post a Comment