Saturday, April 12, 2014

MOREOVER

Thus Says The LORD Of Hosts

"Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts: "I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people, over Israel.  "And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a great name, like the name of the great men who are on the earth.

"Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously,  "since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel, and have caused you to rest from all your enemies. Also the LORD tells you that He will make you a house.  2 Samuel 7:8-11

It was the LORD of hosts who took David from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over His people, over Israel. It was the LORD who had been with him wherever he had gone, and have cut off all his enemies from before him, and had made him a great name, like the name of the great men who are on the earth. And it is the same Lord who is with His trusting ones and will do great and wonderful things for them. His word is unchanging:

I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;  So shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3

Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!  Bless the LORD, O my soul,  And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction,  Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,  Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD executes righteousness  And justice for all who are oppressed. Psalm 103:1-6

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Yes, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever and so are His benefits. He still forgives all our iniquities, heals all our diseases, redeems our life from destruction,  crowns us with loving-kindness and tender mercies,  satisfies our mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. He still executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. He still is the everlasting God, the LORD, and the Creator of the ends of the earth, who neither faints nor is weary.  His understanding is unsearchable. He still gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. And those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. His word is unchanging:

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, And my Lord has forgotten me."  "Can a woman forget her nursing child,  And not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.  Your sons shall make haste;  Your destroyers and those who laid you waste Shall go away from you.  Lift up your eyes, look around and see;  All these gather together and come to you.

As I live," says the LORD,  "You shall surely clothe yourselves with them all as an ornament, And bind them on you as a bride does. "For your waste and desolate places,  And the land of your destruction, Will even now be too small for the inhabitants;  And those who swallowed you up will be far away.  The children you will have,  After you have lost the others, Will say again in your ears, 'The place is too small for me;  Give me a place where I may dwell.'  Then you will say in your heart, 'Who has begotten these for me, Since I have lost my children and am desolate,  A captive, and wandering to and fro?  And who has brought these up?  There I was, left alone;  But these, where were they?' " Isaiah 49:14-21

"Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, You who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, And to the hole of the pit from which you were dug.  Look to Abraham your father,  And to Sarah who bore you;  For I called him alone,  And blessed him and increased him."   For the LORD will comfort Zion,  He will comfort all her waste places;  He will make her wilderness like Eden,  And her desert like the garden of the LORD;  Joy and gladness will be found in it,  Thanksgiving and the voice of melody.  Isaiah 52:1-3

Yes, the Lord will do for His trusting ones what no other can do. He will give them peace, healing, blessings, restoration and prosperity for He has not changed. He who called Abraham alone and blessed him and increased him will comfort His trusting ones. He will comfort all their waste places; He will make their wilderness like Eden, and their desert like the garden of the LORD; As a result joy and gladness will be found in them, as well as thanksgiving and the voice of melody. God’s word is unchanging:

Thus says the LORD: "As the new wine is found in the cluster, And one says, 'Do not destroy it,  For a blessing is in it,'  So will I do for My servants' sake, That I may not destroy them all.  I will bring forth descendants from Jacob,  And from Judah an heir of My mountains; My elect shall inherit it,  And My servants shall dwell there.  Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, And the Valley of Achor a place for herds to lie down,  For My people who have sought Me.  "But you are those who forsake the LORD, Who forget My holy mountain,  Who prepare a table for Gad,  And who furnish a drink offering for Meni. Therefore I will number you for the sword,  And you shall all bow down to the slaughter;  Because, when I called, you did not answer; When I spoke, you did not hear,  But did evil before My eyes,  And chose that in which I do not delight." 

Therefore thus says the Lord GOD:  "Behold, My servants shall eat,  But you shall be hungry;  Behold, My servants shall drink, But you shall be thirsty;  Behold, My servants shall rejoice,  But you shall be ashamed;  Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart, But you shall cry for sorrow of heart,  And wail for grief of spirit.  You shall leave your name as a curse to My chosen;  For the Lord GOD will slay you,  And call His servants by another name;  So that he who blesses himself in the earth Shall bless himself in the God of truth;  And he who swears in the earth  Shall swear by the God of truth;  Because the former troubles are forgotten,  And because they are hidden from My eyes.  Isaiah 65:8-16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment