Tuesday, April 29, 2014

WILL BLESS


TOO LATE

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. —Hebrews 4:1

It happens nearly every semester. I tell my freshman college writing class often that they need to keep up with the numerous writing assignments in order to pass the class. But nearly every semester some don’t believe me. They’re the ones who send me frantic emails after the last day of class and give me their reasons for not taking care of business. I hate to do it, but I have to tell them, “I’m sorry. It’s too late. You have failed the class.”

That’s bad enough when you’re a college freshman and you realize you’ve just wasted a couple thousand dollars. But there is a far more serious, more permanent finality that comes at the end of life if people haven’t taken care of business with God about their sin. In those cases, if people die without having put their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, they face an eternity without Him.

What a terrible moment it would be to stand before the Savior Himself and hear Him say, “I never knew you; depart from Me!” (Matt. 7:23). The author of Hebrews warns us to make sure we don’t “come short” (4:1) of the eternal rest offered by God. The good news is that it’s not too late. Today Jesus freely offers to us salvation and forgiveness through Him.

If you’d like to know the love of God the Father,
Come to Him through Jesus Christ, His loving Son;
He’ll forgive your sins and save your soul forever,
And you’ll love forevermore this faithful One.

Calvary reveals the seriousness of our sin and the vastness of God’s love.

BE A CHEERFUL GIVER :


Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (that is, He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without)a cheerful (joyous, prompt-to-do-it) giver.... And God is able to make all grace(every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance. – 2 Corinthians 9:7-8

Some people say you need to "give till it hurts." Don't you believe it. God doesn't want gifts given in pain. He wants gifts given in joy! In fact, those are the only kinds of gifts that please Him.

That's why He tacked His promise of abundance onto His command about cheerful giving. The two are connected.

Cheerful, full of faith, even hilarious, giving--that is the key that unlocks the treasure house of God. Have you ever seen a group of people give that way? I have. I'll never forget it. I was at a camp meeting years ago when offering time turned into a spontaneous, supernatural celebration. Ken was singing "Cast your bread upon the waters," and the people were just dancing their way down the aisles to give their money. The joy in that place was wonderful.

Great healings and miracles were done that night. But what stood out to me above all was how joyously and hilariously the people brought their offerings to God. The offering wasn't extracted from them like a dentist extracts teeth. It was brought forth gladly.

The concept of "giving till it hurts" didn't come from God. He would rather you give $10 with that kind of joy than $20 grudgingly. In 2 Corinthians 8:11-12, the Apostle Paul urges the church in Corinth to give with eager willingness. Eager willingness. That's what God looks for!

If you haven't given that way in the past, make a firm commitment to start. Repent for the times you've given grudgingly. Then spend some serious time with God and His Word in your prayer closet, so when you give again, you can give from a willing heart.

Put the "pain" of giving behind. Become a cheerful, joyous, prompt-to-do-it giver, and believe me, your blessings will abound!

OPPOSITION TO THE GOSPEL :


Matthew 10:34, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

This statement seems like a contradiction to some prophecies concerning Jesus and some of Jesus' own statements concerning peace, as well as what was written of Him in the New Testament Epistles. However, the peace that Jesus purchased was peace between God and man. We have peace with God (Rom. 5:1). We are exhorted to take this peace and extend it to all men, but it is also made very clear that not all men will receive it.

Peace can only come when we relate to God on the basis of faith in what He did for us, instead of what we do for Him. A person who is thinking that he must perform up to some standard to be accepted by God will have no peace. That puts the burden of salvation on our shoulders, and we can't bear that load. We were incapable of living holy enough to please God before we were saved, and we are incapable of living holy enough to please God now that we are saved (Heb. 11:6). We were saved by faith, and we have to continue to walk with God by faith (Col. 2:6). Not understanding this has made many Christians, who love God, unable to enjoy the peace that was provided for them through faith in Jesus.

The Gospel will always produce opposition from those who don't receive it. This "sword of division," even among family members, is not God's will, nor is it God that causes it. But, it will inevitably come, and Jesus was simply preparing His disciples for that time. As much as we would like everyone to receive the good news, we must not think it is strange when even our loved ones don't receive it. Jesus was rejected by His own, and we will be also. We must remain faithful to continue preaching the Gospel, for there are others who will receive. Keep sharing the "Good News!"

PRAYER FOR THE DAY :


“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.” (Psalm 28:7)

Dear Lord God, I praise You. I honor You. I see Your face in every sunrise, Your smile breaks through the cloud with radiant sunshine this morning. How wonderful! Larks are singing a new song at my window slash reminding me to praise God for His marvelous creation and unfailing love to me endures forever. May God’s unfailing love cling to me like morning dew clings to the flower! Let the sweet Spirit of God fill up my soul and make me a brilliant blessings channel so long as I take up the mission on this earth.

Gratefully, in Jesus’ holy name. Amen !!! 

PREACHING LIES http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-1jM
 


No comments:

Post a Comment