Monday, November 10, 2014

Arise, O LORD; Save me, O my God!


Stir Up Yourself

Arise, O LORD; Save me, O my God! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone; You have broken the teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongs to the LORD. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah Psalm 3:7

Stir up Yourself, and awake to my vindication, To my cause, my God and my Lord.  Vindicate me, O LORD my God, according to Your righteousness; And let them not rejoice over me. Let them not say in their hearts, "Ah, so we would have it!" Let them not say, "We have swallowed him up." Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion Who rejoice at my hurt; Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor Who exalt themselves against me. Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, "Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant." Psalm 35:23-27

There comes a time in life when we have to grab hold of the horns of the altar of God and ask Him  to stir up Himself and to arise for our help, and redeem us for His mercies' sake (Psalm 44:26); just like the Psalmist did on many occasions when he was beset by his enemies. We are not to let Him go until He blesses and changes us and deal with our enemies; just like He did with Jacob who wrestled with God. The bible records for our profit and instruction:

Then Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day.  Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob's hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him. And He said, "Let Me go, for the day breaks." But he said, "I will not let You go unless You bless me!"  So He said to him, "What is your name?" He said, "Jacob." And He said, "Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed." Then Jacob asked, saying, "Tell me Your name, I pray." And He said, "Why is it that you ask about My name?" And He blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:24-30

Then God said to Jacob, "Arise, go up to Bethel and dwell there; and make an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you fled from the face of Esau your brother." And Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, "Put away the foreign gods that are among you, purify yourselves, and change your garments. "Then let us arise and go up to Bethel; and I will make an altar there to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and has been with me in the way which I have gone." So they gave Jacob all the foreign gods which were in their hands, and the earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the terebinth tree which was by Shechem.  And they journeyed, and the terror of God was upon the cities that were all around them, and they did not pursue the sons of Jacob. So Jacob came to Luz (that is, Bethel), which is in the land of Canaan, he and all the people who were with him. And he built an altar there and called the place El Bethel, because there God appeared to him when he fled from the face of his brother. Genesis 35:1-7

God is more than willing to bless His sons and daughters with all kinds of blessings, spiritual, physical, material and ministerial and with Himself; but they must stir themselves up to seek and go  to God and not let Him go until He blesses them.  The bible encourages us to stir ourselves up and seek God and be greatly rewarded by Him:

The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing. Psalm 34:10

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11

Therefore he said to Judah, "Let us build these cities and make walls around them, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us, because we have sought the LORD our God; we have sought Him, and He has given us rest on every side." So they built and prospered.2 Chronicles 14:7

Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:6-7

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Yes there is a rest and prosperity for the people of God who will seek the Lord their God and take by force all that He has for them in His word. God has pleasure in the prosperity of His servants and wants to bless them greatly. He wants to take care of all their needs, fight all their battles, and give them victories over all their enemies whoever or whatever they might be. He wants them to serve Him so that He could bless their bread and their water. And He will take sickness from their midst and fulfill the number of their days. His word is unchanging:

"Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.  "Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him.  "But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.  "For My Angel will go before you and bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites and the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will cut them off.  "You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred pillars.  "So you shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. "No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.  "I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you. Exodus 23:20-27

God by giving the fullness of His blessing to His reconciled enemies proves His perfect and unlimited love for us and we can respond by trusting Him at all times. Yes, Jesus is our redeeming God, “The Lord our righteousness,” and that those who accept Him as Lord and Savior can know forgiveness of sins and peace with God and be healed and made perfect, whole and complete. And our Redeeming Lord will baptize us in the Holy Spirit and gives the gifts of the Spirit so that we can see others become redeemed believers made complete in Christ who is all that they need for body, soul and spirit for Christ is unlimited in power and richest.

The doctrine of Christ's unlimited ability has a very practical application to us in our daily lives. Jesus is omnipotent; He can save, deliver and keep us. Jesus is our omniscient and all-wise Lord, He knows all about us, and can guide us in all our problems. Jesus is omnipresent; He is with us in every situation. Christ is the Great I Am; He knows and is in control of our future. Jesus is the Lord of unlimited love, He really cares for us. What a comfort these Divine attributes of Jesus give to those who love and serve Him. God’s word is unchanging:

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, My servants shall eat, But you shall be hungry; Behold, My servants shall drink, But you shall be thirsty; Behold, My servants shall rejoice, But you shall be ashamed; Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart, But you shall cry for sorrow of heart, And wail for grief of spirit.  You shall leave your name as a curse to My chosen; For the Lord GOD will slay you, And call His servants by another name; So that he who blesses himself in the earth  Shall bless himself in the God of truth;  And he who swears in the earth Shall swear by the God of truth;  Because the former troubles are forgotten, And because they are hidden from My eyes. Isaiah 65:13-16

Yes, in times when a great tempest comes against God’s trusting ones, it’s wonderful to know that a vessel with Jesus in it cannot sink for even the winds and the sea obey Him as well as everything else, including demons.  Jesus will bring them safely to the other side of plenty and prosperity and victory.  But this is something that some of God’s people do not seem to understand that no matter what is going on the miracle working God of all power and unlimited riches and resources is on their side. He is for them and with them and not against them and wants to see them get safely through to the other side.  His trusting ones must not be fearful but are to faithful to stand against all the wiles of the enemy who seeks to destroy them by any means.  For the enemy walks about like a roaring lions seeking whom he may devour by any means.

God has not and doesn’t change one single bit. He is the same yesterday, today and forever!   He is the living God, steadfast forever and a great miracle working God as well as the Judge of all the earth and a man of war.  His kingdom is the one which shall not be destroyed, and His dominion shall endure to the end. He still delivers and rescues, and He works signs and wonders in heaven and on earth. Signs and wonders which bless some and destroy other.  There are no sickness, famine, pestilence, poverty, suffering and lack in heaven and should not be on earth.  The LORD who IS A GREAT MAN OF WAR AND UNCHANGING will bring His trusting ones into abundance of prosperity and give them every victory. His word is unchanging:

"When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.  "So it shall be, when you are on the verge of battle, that the priest shall approach and speak to the people. "And he shall say to them, 'Hear, O Israel: Today you are on the verge of battle with your enemies. Do not let your heart faint, do not be afraid, and do not tremble or be terrified because of them;  'for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you' (to give you victory, KJV). Deuteronomy 20:1-4

The LORD shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.  "I have held My peace a long time, I have been still and restrained Myself. Now I will cry like a woman in labor, I will pant and gasp at once. I will lay waste the mountains and hills, And dry up all their vegetation; I will make the rivers coastlands, And I will dry up the pools. I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them. Isaiah 42:13-16

 "For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up," Says the LORD of hosts, "That will leave them neither root nor branch.But to you who fear My name  The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves. You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this," Says the LORD of hosts. Malachi 4:1-3


My Jesus is a Man of War
(Exodus 15:3, . Revelation 19:11, Author Unknown)

Some think of Jesus calm and shy
And quite as a mouse.
But I see Jesus as my Lord
And guard of all my house.

Some say He’s tender, meek and mild
And doesn’t raise His voice.
But I can see Him charge through Hell
To give to man his choice.

Some say His hands are always clean
He won’t let His feelings show.
But I can see Him roll His sleeves
And fight off every foe.

My Jesus walks  through Hell itself
To set the captives free.
My Jesus upturned the table tops
To gain His victory.

He bore my sins upon a cross
My sorrows in His hand.
My whipping for unrighteousness
My pain He did withstand.

He took my stripes to make me well
My crown of thorns He wore.
And all my fears He crucified
And all my shame He bore.

My Jesus is a Man of men,
A Warrior brave and bold.
My King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Yes, He all Victory gives and holds.


Free Christian Ebooks http://walthope.tripod.com
http://walthope.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment