Saturday, July 5, 2014

ARE YOU


Are You A Believer?

"And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13

Signs and wonders follow those who believe, not unbelievers. Those who believe in Jesus name God gives the right to become children of God and enjoy all the resulting benefits of believing. And it was on Calvary where Jesus Christ made His name. Calvary is the greatest act of love that ever was.  God so loved the world that He gave Jesus, who for the joy set before Him of seeing us born again, endured the shame and suffering of the cross.  Jesus held nothing back – He gave it all.  We were bought with a great price, redeemed by the precious sinless blood of the Lamb.  We need not be beggars but believers.  John 20:31 says, "But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name."

Calvary's love brings true life for soul, mind and body for those who believe! God is able to do for each one of us what no other power can do. He loves us more than we know.  By faith in His divine promises, we can expect great and wonderful miracles for our God is a miracle worker.  God’s word is unchanging:

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."  Romans 1:17

But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.  For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:  "For yet a little while, And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.  Now the just shall live by faith;  But if anyone draws back,  My soul has no pleasure in him." But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. Hebrews 10:36-39

Yes, we are born again by faith. We live by faith. We fulfill the will of God in our lives by faith.  When we’re sick, we receive healing by faith. When we are broke, we get financial increase by faith. When we have trouble, we get help from God by faith. We receive anything and everything that we need from God…by faith - not by works or perspiration but by faith!  Faith is simply believing what God says in His Word is true. Faith is trusting what God says more than we trust our natural senses or what other people say. Faith is believing God enough to talk and act as if His Word is true even when circumstances around us would seem to indicate that it’s not.

By faith we resist the devil, who is out to steal our health, our wealth and our blessings by any means. We don’t give to him what Jesus gave to us including divine health and divine prosperity.  When devil pressures us with symptoms, circumstances and discouraging lies, we continue to believe God and His word. We keep our eyes upon God and confess His word no matter what. When symptoms of sickness come, we resist those symptoms and speak faith. We tell the devil to go away and we are not accepting the sickness that he wants to put on us because Jesus healed us two thousand years ago. He paid the price for us to be well and the devil can take his symptoms and go to hell where he belongs.  We hold fast to the Word of God and absolutely, positively, refusing to give up until we see God’s promises manifested in our lives.  We don’t cast away our confidence, which hath great reward. We have patience, that, after we have done the will of God, we will receive the promise for the just shall live by faith and he doesn’t draw back to perdition but believe to see our salvation.

We receive what God has promised us—whether that is healing or any other scriptural blessing—because we believe it not just with our head but with our heart. When we hear lies to the contrary, we don’t buy them. We are fully persuaded of what God says that we act as if it’s true even when natural circumstances look like it’s not. We don’t quit when the going gets tough. But we stand until we see our desired results of what God has promised us. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1) Hence we tell the devil we are healed and delivered and blessed and prospered and our end is better than our beginning. We confidently put the devil under our feet where he belongs and step boldly into a future full of the promises and provisions of God! God’s word is unchanging:

"For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown.  "I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt.  "I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. Ezekiel 36:9-11

Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God,  yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, "O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand. "At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision: Daniel 9:20-23

This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it. John 11:4

In the village of Bethany, there was a family so loved by the Lord Jesus, comprising of two sisters named Martha and Mary and their brother Lazarus. One day, Lazarus fell seriously ill and the sisters who believed in the miracle-working power of Jesus sent word to Him about his sickness. They believed firmly that if Jesus was there, their brother Lazarus would surely recover. But the Holy Scripture says that Jesus deliberately delayed in going to Bethany to visit Lazarus. "So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was" (John 11:6). Meanwhile Lazarus died and was buried.

When tragedies strike us we lament saying, "Why did the Lord permit this suffering into my life?" Even today, many who live close to the Lord Jesus undergo travails. Even Lazarus, the beloved of Jesus, took seriously ill and died. Jesus deliberately delayed two days in going to Bethany, knowing fully well that Lazarus was at the verge of death.

When those of us who are engaged in His ministry, pray for others' needs, there are instant miracles happening in their lives. When those who have experienced the wonder-working power of Jesus in their lives come and testify, we are wonder-struck. But in our own lives, when we tread the thorny paths, Jesus remains seemingly passive. That is what happened in the family of Martha and Mary. Jesus told His disciples, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it" (John 11:4).

The disciples of Lord Jesus must have been greatly confused. He had said that Lazarus would not die, but he had already died! The faith that they had in Jesus must have shook. Not only Lazarus, but the disciples also must have had an eclipse of their faith and been walking in the shadow of death. Jesus said to Martha, "Your brother will rise again. I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live" (John 11:22), reminding her that all power had been given in His hands. It was true that she was in the valley of the shadow of death! But she was not to forget that the Lord was still with her so that she could see His miracles right then.

Dear friend, there may be a similar situation in your life too. Men may say that you are finished. You may be undergoing sickness and doctors may have given up hope on you. Grieve not! Jesus said, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40). Your body will surely revive again. Lifeless body parts will surely function again normally. Your life will blossom again. You will have success in all your endeavors and your home will prosper. Let not your heart be troubled!

Approaching the grave of Lazarus, Jesus said, "Take away the stone." Martha instantly said to Jesus, "Lord, by this time there will be a stench, for he has been dead four days." Jesus then confirmed her faith said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:39, 40). He then cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!" (John 11:43). The dead man then came out alive. Just imagine how that situation must have been! When Jesus said, "Lazarus, come forth!” those who stood around the grave would have laughed with a scorn, "How can the dead man come alive?" Those who stood around Jesus were filled with hatred, mistrust and were less faithful. Yet His love, compassion and life-giving power brought Lazarus back to life. Today, He will do the same for you, because He loves you.

Dear friend, do not say that there is no one to help you or love you. Has everyone let you down? Are you surrounded by your enemies? Fear not! Even today, He will perform miracles for you. The battle belongs to the Lord! He will fight for you. He will revive your body again and restore all that you have lost. If it is true that He raised Lazarus from death, He can help you as well. Turn your eyes towards Jesus. He will lift you up from the valley of the shadow of death. Let not your heart be troubled!  Dr. Paul Dhinakaran http://www.prayertoweronline.org/message/message.asp

They have an expression in the secular world that “nothing is over till that fat lady sings!” Well Jesus Christ has the last say on any matter and it’s not over till He says it’s over. His word is unchanging:

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me to lie down in green pastures;  He leads me beside the still waters.  He restores my soul;  He leads me in the paths of righteousness  For His name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;  For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;  You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me  All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever. Psalm 23:1-6

"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble;  I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life I will satisfy him,  And show him My salvation." Psalm 91:14-16

We need to pray and say:

Gracious Heavenly Father, “When I am surrounded by problems, trials and tribulations, I fall back from my faith and am filled with doubt and mistrust. Lord, lift me up and let Your light shine in my life. Work great and mighty wonders in my life. I make this prayer through Jesus Christ, my Lord.”

WALTER KAMBULOW
EXTRACT FROM Called To Inherit A Blessing
http://walthope.tripod.com/called.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment