Monday, May 12, 2014

I AM



 TAKE YOUR PLACE :

[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding [the wonders of His Person]more strongly and more clearly. And that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection. – Philippians 3:10

The more you fellowship with God around His Word, the more you'll know the "power outflowing from His resurrection." You'll develop joy. You'll develop faith. You'll start developing God's own characteristics... just by fellowshiping with Him. You'll begin to understand who you really are in Jesus.

I remember one day I was reading the story of the woman with the issue of blood who touched the hem of Jesus' garment and was healed.

I'd read the story many times and pictured myself as almost everybody in the story...just experiencing how it would feel to be someone in the crowd or even the one who was healed.

Suddenly God spoke to my spirit and said, "Read that again and this time picture yourself as the one wearing the garment."

I was stunned. "Lord," I said, "how can I do that? I can't take Your place!"

"That's just what's wrong with the Body of Christ," He told me. "That's the reason the world doesn't know anything about Jesus. You identify with everyone except Me. But I sent you to be MY witnesses, to imitate ME, to stand in MY place...not everybody else's!"

So, I read that story again. This time I pictured myself in the role of the one with the anointing of the Holy Ghost. Instead of crawling up to touch the hem of His garment, I was the one wearing the garment, freely giving what God had given me. After all, the Bible does say, "Clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ."

Did you know who scares the devil most of all? Believers who've found out they can do that. Believers who, instead of begging for a little touch from Jesus, are letting His very life flow out to others.

Come on, give the devil a scare. Fellowship with your Father around the Word and start discovering who you really are today.

 NEW BIRTH

You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. —Psalm 139:13

What is there about babies that makes us smile? Many people will stop everything at the sight or sound of a baby and will flock to gaze at the little one. I noticed this when I visited my dad at a nursing home. Though most of the residents were wheelchair-bound and suffered from dementia, the visit of a family with a baby almost unfailingly brought a spark of joy to their eyes that—tentatively at first but then undoubtedly—became a smile. It was amazing to watch.

Perhaps babies bring a smile because of the wonder of a new life—so precious, tiny, and full of promise. Seeing a baby can remind us of our awesome God and the great love He has for us. He loved us so much that He gave us life and formed us in our mother’s womb. “You formed my inward parts,” the psalmist says, “You covered me in my mother’s womb” (Ps. 139:13).

Not only does He give us physical life but He also offers us spiritual rebirth through Jesus (John 3:3-8). God promises believers new bodies and life eternal when Jesus returns (1 Cor. 15:50-52).

Physical life and spiritual rebirth—gifts to celebrate from our Father’s hand.

In His own image God created man,
He formed his body from the dust of earth;
But more than that, to all who are in Christ
He gives eternal life by second birth.

I will praise You . . . ; marvelous are Your works. —Psalm 139:14


I KNOW WHO I AM :

I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am united with the Lord(1 Cor. 6:17)
I am bought with a price(1 Cor.6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph.1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt.5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ(1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation (Rom. 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant(Phil.3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31-34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor.5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God(Rom.8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor.1:21-22)
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8: 28)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16).
I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1).
I am God's workmanship (Eph.2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil. 1: 5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven (Col. 1:14).
I have been adopted as God's child (Eph 1:5)
I belong to God Do you know who you are!? "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

LORD'S WORD FOR THE DAY :

Genesis 28:15 Amplified Bible (AMP)

And behold, I am with you and will keep (watch over you with care, take notice of) you wherever you may go, and I will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done all of which I have told you.

And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you. - Ephesians 4:32 AMP

Hope Ignites Your Faith

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love" (1 Cor. 13:13).

Faith is extremely important in the life of a Christian. Without faith it is impossible to please God. (Heb. 11:6.) Without faith we cannot attain eternal life. (Eph. 2:8.) Without faith we are still in sin. (Rom. 14:23.) And according to Jesus, when He returns, He will be looking for faith. (Luke 18:8.)

So we can see that faith is critical in the life of a Christian. In fact, a person cannot even be a Christian without faith.

And speaking of faith and hope, did you know that God can:

1) Make the latter years better than the earlier years

2) Bless you greatly in your latter years as there is no retirement with God and He wants for you to occupy till He comes

3) Is able to do far more with your life and all that you put your hands to than you had realized.

4) Can heal your body and your land and deliver you out of all your problems and negative circumstances just like He did for Joseoh and Job

5) Can bless you and all that you put your hand to just like He did for Abraham and others!

6) Can fill you and keep you filled with the Holy Spirit, power and the gifts of the Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment