Saturday, May 24, 2014

TRUE REVIVAL


 In Paths of Righteousness

The LORD is my shepherd;  I shall not want.  He makes me to lie down in green pastures;  He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul;  He leads me in the paths of righteousness  For His name's sake. Psalm 23:1-3

Many claim that the Lord is their shepherd but they are in want and are not walking in the paths of righteousness. Something is wrong because God’s word is true though every man is a liar.  That is the problem with Christianity is that it’s all head knowledge and very little heart experience with the Shepherd who is the Lord. It’s not the Shepherd who has moved or needs to be changed but it’s the foolish and dumb sheep. They are not blameless! They do not have clean hands or a pure heart! And they don’t love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul and might and are deceitful about it! Hence they do not receive a blessing from the Lord. They are not victorious in the presence of their enemies but have brought a reproach to God’s name, integrity and character.  As a result justice is turned back, righteousness stands afar off, truth is fallen in the street, equity cannot enter and truth fails and goodness and mercy do not follow them but yet they say that they are called by God’s name and are His people.

These are things that people do not want to hear about themselves because everybody always has a better and nicer point of view about who they are and where they are. They seek God daily, and delight to know God’s ways as do they did righteousness, and did not forsake the ordinance of their God. But ask them how they apply the Word of God including:

"When you give a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbors, lest they also invite you back, and you be repaid. "But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind. "And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just." Luke 14:12-14

“Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.” Romans 13:8

The bible doesn’t say to bless the rich and use one another? Everyone pays the price for how they ministered to one another, whether it be out of a heart of love for the brethren or whether is was from a heart of seeking after gain. They lose and pay when they strive to get ahead using worldly measures and don’t keep their heart right and live righteously.  They lose and pay for their mistakes when they seek after worldly gain by using the brethren to make a profit.  They lose when they follow after the multitudes who lust after riches, and use God’s word and the gifts He has given them as the tools in which they wish to profit by. They lose when they don't repent of using God’s people for their own gain.  They need to turn from mammon to God once again. They need to return to their first love. They need to draw near to God and keep their eyes on Him. They need to cast all their cares upon Him. They need to check their heart, their motives and their love for one another.  For without love they will not prosper in anything that they do.

 Many Christians and ministries use the words “we love and care for you” so flippantly. But God so loved that He gave His only son. Love and care are words that if expressed with out action are not only a clanging cymbal but hypocritical.  To say that “I love God” but not express it in deeds to His people is hypocritical.  No wonder the churches in America are mostly empty because the hearts of the people are empty and devoid of true meaning and demonstration of the word love. Again strong words but true ones! Until we recognize this to be true, we will not be delivered or healed but will continue to go in our wilderness ways and experiences.

There are many in the house of God today seek the gifts and manifestations of the Spirit but they also miss out the first and second commandment which is:

Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. "And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."  Mark 12:29-31

True revival will come to America when each individual understands and puts into application the meaning neither of the apostolic creed nor the catechism of the church nor doctrines of their denomination but the first and second commandment of God. Until then all the laughter movements and other revival movements, as well as any form of Evangelism are just a waste of time. For those who do not obey and demonstrate the most important commandments of God, do not know nor Love the Shepherd. Anything that is done with out love profits nothings. God’s word says it:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 1Corinthians 13:1-3

If all of God’s people obeyed and did the first two commandments of loving God and their neighbor there would be no more need of preaching in churches and this world would never be the same. For most of God’s people to confess Psalm 23 is not only a waste of time but a mockery of God and His kingdom for they pay Him lips service and their heart is far from Him. Actions speaks louder than words and true active love, the kind Jesus showed and talked about, is very rare to find in the house of God never mind America. Many of God’s people will have to confess and pray another psalm:

Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight- That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge.  Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.  Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,  And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.  Make me hear joy and gladness,  That the bones You have broken may rejoice.

Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence,  And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,  And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.  Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,  And sinners shall be converted to You. Psalm 51:4-11

While others who think that they have arrived will have to confess and pray:

O Lord, open my lips,  And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.  For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;  You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,  A broken and a contrite heart- These, O God, You will not despise. Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion;  Build the walls of Jerusalem.  Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness,  With burnt offering and whole burnt offering; Then they shall offer bulls on Your altar. Psalm 51:15-19

They will have to seriously consider and understand the words of Jesus about them who said:

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. John 15:1-10

It's to be noted that anybody, including an Evangelical or Pentecostal, who preaches a Christianity based solely on words devoid of true miracles, signs and wonders isn't demonstrating the character of Christ whom God anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power, and who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Rom. 5:5 KJV)


Free Christian Ebooks http://walthope.tripod.com


No comments:

Post a Comment