Friday, August 9, 2013

THE GOD OF VICTORY

THE GOD OF VICTORY

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry. But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,  That I may declare all Your works. Psalm 73:25-28

 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,  with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,  endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;  one Lord, one faith, one baptism;  one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:1-6

It’s true that many men want to be lords over us and to be a god unto us but for a true Christian and believer there is only one Lord and God – Jesus Christ. The others may say and do whatever they want but they are not the LORD who is the Savior, Healer, Deliverer, Defender, Redeemer, Miracle Worker, and everything that we need.  And yes God demonstrates His Lordship and Godship by His actions, not just words. His word is unchanging:

"Therefore say to the children of Israel: 'I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments.  'I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 'And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the LORD.' " Exodus 6:6-8

… "If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you." Exodus 15:26

"I will dwell among the children of Israel and will be their God. "And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them up out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them. I am the LORD their God. Exodus 20:45-46

'Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:31

I will set My tabernacle among you, and My soul shall not abhor you.  I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people.  I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you walk upright. Leviticus 26:11-13

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD your God." Numbers 15:41

I am the LORD, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King." Isaiah 43:15

For Jacob My servant's sake,  And Israel My elect,  I have even called you by your name; I have named you, though you have not known Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting.  That there is none besides Me.  I am the LORD, and there is no other;  I form the light and create darkness,  I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.'  Isaiah 45:4-7

True Christians are not in bondage to any man or demon but serve only the LORD their God! They are called by Christ’s name because they belong only to Him and serve only Him. He is their Shield, their Strength, their Reward, and everything that they need and no other! He is their  Victory, their Redeemer, their, the LORD their  God, Who teaches them to profit, Who leads them by the way they  should go (Isaiah 48:17). He is the LORD, Who exercises lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth (Jeremiah 9:24). He is the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Him? (Jeremiah 32:27). The slain shall fall in their midst, and they  shall know that He is the LORD (Ezekiel 6:7). He is the Lord who brings real calamity and desolation upon men and repays them for their evil deeds and wrong choices (Ezekiel 6:10,14,7:14). He is the LORD who judges men and disperses them and brings upon them the sword, famine, and pestilence (Ezekiel 11:2,12:15-16).  He is the LORD Whose hand is against the prophets who envision futility and who divine lies (Ezekiel 13:9). He is the LORD who exposes their lies and takes the veils off His people and delivers them out of the false ones (Ezekiel 13:21). Yes, He is the LORD who executes judgment and great vengeance on them with furious rebukes and cuts off all the enemies of His people (Ezekiel 25:7,11,17). His word is unchanging:

 Thus I will execute judgments on Egypt, Then they shall know that I am the LORD." Ezekiel 30:19

"And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, '  These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. "And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. "Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.  "I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. Revelation 2:18-23

Now the good news is that the same LORD who executes judgments and brings curses upon the wicked also executes judgments and bring blessing upon His trusting ones. His word is unchanging:

"I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing. "Then the trees of the field shall yield their fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase. They shall be safe in their land; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke and delivered them from the hand of those who enslaved them. "And they shall no longer be a prey for the nations, nor shall beasts of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and no one shall make them afraid.  "I will raise up for them a garden of renown, and they shall no longer be consumed with hunger in the land, nor bear the shame of the Gentiles anymore.  "Thus they shall know that I, the LORD their God, am with them, and they, the house of Israel, are My people," says the Lord GOD.' " Ezekiel 34:26-30

'Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame.  "But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. "For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. "I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. "I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. Ezekiel 36:7-11

"Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: 'Now I will bring back the captives of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name- 'after they have borne their shame, and all their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, when they dwelt safely in their own land and no one made them afraid.  'When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations,  'then they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer.  'And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,' says the Lord GOD." Ezekiel 39:25-29

BELIEVE AND ACT ON THE NEW COVENANT :

1 Samuel 17:45 - Then David said to the Philistine, “… I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

Ever wonder why two people can hear the same thing and yet have very different responses? For one, what is said makes him afraid and discouraged. For the other, his heart is so filled with faith that he dares to come against the devil and what he is doing.

In the Valley of Elah, Goliath the Philistine giant taunted the armies of Israel for 40 days. When David came on the scene, he heard the same mockings of Goliath that the rest of the Israelites heard. But somehow, those same words which caused fear in the soldiers angered David. What did David know or see that the others failed to see?

David knew that he had a covenant with God. Now, King Saul and all the soldiers with him that day also had the same covenant with God, but only David believed the covenant. And he acted on his belief. So God caused his giant to come tumbling down.

If David had such a great victory even though he was under the old covenant, how much more you and I who are under the new covenant! Today, God is asking, “Where are my Davids who will believe the new covenant?”

What is the new covenant? It is the covenant of grace. And grace means unmerited, undeserved, unearned favor. God wants us to know that He has cut this covenant with us through Christ our representative. And according to the covenant, we have His undeserved favor. We are blessed because Jesus took our beating. Because of what Jesus has done on the cross, we have victory over every giant.

Isn’t that good news? Today, God wants you to stand before your “giant” and declare that in spite of what you are going through, in spite of what is happening, you believe that God is for you because of what Jesus has done for you. And then, before your very eyes, you will see the giants of accusation, intimidation, condemnation, disease and debt fall flat before you!




WALTER KAMBULOW
FACEBOOK: WALT KAM

Gordon Williams  http://gordwilliams.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment