Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DISTRESS

GOD LOVES TO REDEEM AND DELIVER PEOPLE WHO CRY TO HIM IN THEIR DISTRESS

Psalms 107: 1    Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
2    Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
3    And gathered out of the lands, From the east and from the west, From the north and from the south.
4    They wandered in the wilderness in a desolate way; They found no city to dwell in.
5    Hungry and thirsty, Their soul fainted in them.
6    Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, And He delivered them out of their distresses.
7    And He led them forth by the right way, That they might go to a city for a dwelling place.
8    Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
9    For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness.
10    Those who sat in darkness and in the shadow of death, Bound in affliction and irons -
11    Because they rebelled against the words of God, And despised the counsel of the Most High,
12    Therefore He brought down their heart with labor; They fell down, and there was none to help.
13    Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses.
14    He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, And broke their chains in pieces.
15    Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
16    For He has broken the gates of bronze, And cut the bars of iron in two.
17    Fools, because of their transgression, And because of their iniquities, were afflicted.
18    Their soul abhorred all manner of food, And they drew near to the gates of death.
19    Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses.
20    He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.
21    Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!

JONAH 2: 1    Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the fish's belly.
2    And he said: " I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction, And He answered me. " Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, And You heard my voice.
3     For You cast me into the deep, Into the heart of the seas, And the floods surrounded me; All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.
4     Then I said, 'I have been cast out of Your sight; Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.'
5     The waters surrounded me, even to my soul; The deep closed around me; Weeds were wrapped around my head.
6     I went down to the moorings of the mountains; The earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O LORD, my God.
7     " When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the LORD; And my prayer went up to You, Into Your holy temple.
8     " Those who regard worthless idols Forsake their own Mercy.
9     But I will sacrifice to You With the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD."
10    So the LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

JOB 42: 10    And the LORD restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11    Then all his brothers, all his sisters, and all those who had been his acquaintances before, came to him and ate food with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the LORD had brought upon him. Each one gave him a piece of silver and each a ring of gold.
12    Now the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning; for he had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen, and one thousand female donkeys.
13    He also had seven sons and three daughters.
14    And he called the name of the first Jemimah, the name of the second Keziah, and the name of the third Keren-Happuch.
15    In all the land were found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job; and their father gave them an inheritance among their brothers.
16    After this Job lived one hundred and forty years, and saw his children and grandchildren for four generations.
17    So Job died, old and full of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment