Thursday, January 30, 2014

THERE IS A FRIEND


The Lord  is a Friend, Redeemer and Deliverer

A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

"The children of Israel were oppressed, Along with the children of Judah;  All who took them captive have held them fast;  They have refused to let them go. Their Redeemer is strong; The LORD of hosts is His name. He will thoroughly plead their case, That He may give rest to the land, And disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon. Jeremiah 5-“34

Jesus Christ is the  friend who loves at all times, who sticks closer than a brother and is born for adversity. He Himself having suffered, being tempted, is able to aid those who are tempted. He who was  made like His brethren, is the  merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. He is the strength and high tower for His people. He is their shield and great reward and wisdom. He is all that they need.


There is no God besides Him and there is no other Rock like Him. He is the Redeemer of His people and the LORD, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Himself. He is the Lord their God, who teaches them to profit and who leads them  by the way they should go. He is the one who says:

Thus says the LORD:  "In an acceptable time I have heard You,  And in the day of salvation I have helped You;  I will preserve You and give You  As a covenant to the people, To restore the earth,  To cause them to inherit the desolate heritages;  That You may say to the prisoners, 'Go forth,'  To those who are in darkness, 'Show yourselves.'  "They shall feed along the roads,  And their pastures shall be on all desolate heights.  They shall neither hunger nor thirst,  Neither heat nor sun shall strike them;

For He who has mercy on them will lead them,  Even by the springs of water He will guide them.  I will make each of My mountains a road,  And My highways shall be elevated.  Surely these shall come from afar; Look! Those from the north and the west,  And these from the land of Sinim."  Sing, O heavens!  Be joyful, O earth!  And break out in singing, O mountains!  For the LORD has comforted His people,  And will have mercy on His afflicted. Isaiah 49:8-17

He is the one who has saved, healed, preserved, and delivered His true ones. So that they may restore the earth, to cause them to  inherit the desolate heritages. To cause them to set His people free. His poor and afflicted people who say:

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, And my Lord has forgotten me."  "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Surely they may forget,  Yet I will not forget you.  See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;  Your walls are continually before Me. Your sons shall make haste;  Your destroyers and those who laid you waste  Shall go away from you. Isaiah 49:8-17

God will never leave, fail nor forsake His people. They might by their own choices and actions leave Him but He will never, never leave them. He is always for and with and not against them. As a matter of fact He the strong and might one made an irrevocable promise:

When the enemy comes in like a flood,  The Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him.  "The Redeemer will come to Zion,  And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,"  Says the LORD. Isaiah 59:19-20

He still is the God who spoke to Moses and said to him:

"I am the LORD. "I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them. "I have also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were strangers. "And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant.

"Therefore say to the children of Israel: 'I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. 'I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 'And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the LORD.' " So Moses spoke thus to the children of Israel; but they did not heed Moses, because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage. Exodus 6;2-9

This is what God wants to do for each one of His children. To establish His covenant with them. To bring them out under the burdens of the world. To rescue them from their bondage. To redeem them with an outstretched arm and great judgments. To take them as His people and to be their God. To bring them into the promised land of plenty and abundance so that they might know that He is the Lord. All His people have to do is to ask Him to do it for them.

For He is still the one the LORD their  God who goes with them  to fight for them against their  enemies, to save them and to give them victory. His word is always true for His true ones:

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,  Who rides the heavens to help you,  And in His excellency on the clouds.  The eternal God is your refuge,  And underneath are the everlasting arms;  He will thrust out the enemy from before you,  And will say, 'Destroy!'  Then Israel shall dwell in safety,  The fountain of Jacob alone,  In a land of grain and new wine;  His heavens shall also drop dew. Happy are you, O Israel!  Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD,  The shield of your help  And the sword of your majesty!  Your enemies shall submit to you,  And you shall tread down their high places." Deuteronomy 33:26-29

For the Lord who had delivered David  from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul wants to do the same for all of His children so that they may say:

 "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation,  My stronghold and my refuge;  My Savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.  'When the waves of death surrounded me,  The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.  The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;  The snares of death confronted me.  In my distress I called upon the LORD,  And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple,  And my cry entered His ears. "Then the earth shook and trembled;  The foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken,  Because He was angry. 2 Samuel 22:2-8

But that is not all for God not only wants to be the shield, horn of their salvation, their stronghold and refuge but He wants to be their deliverer about whom David said:,

"The LORD thundered from heaven, And the Most High uttered His voice.  He sent out arrows and scattered them; Lightning bolts, and He vanquished them. Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered, At the rebuke of the LORD, At the blast of the breath of His nostrils. "He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me; For they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the LORD was my support. He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me. Deuteronomy 22:14-20

God will do these things for those who a righteous, who hands are clean, merciful and pure,  are blameless before Him and keep themselves from their iniquity. For His word states:

"The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;  According to the cleanness of my hands  He has recompensed me.  For I have kept the ways of the LORD, And have not wickedly departed from my God.  For all His judgments were before me;  And as for His statutes, I did not depart from them.  I was also blameless before Him,  And I kept myself from my iniquity.  Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to my cleanness in His eyes.  "With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;  With the pure You will show Yourself pure;  And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.  You will save the humble people;  But Your eyes are on the haughty, that You may bring them down. Deuteronomy 22:14-28

Those who are haughty, deceiving, conniving, arrogant, proud, unrighteous, impure and not blameless will not find deliverance in the day of their calamity. For they have failed to understand the words of Jesus who stated:

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."  Matthew 7:21-27

The path God has for His true ones is a sure and steady path. It is full of victories, miracles and blessings. He will move rapidly on their  behalf. He will change history just for them. He will move every mountain out and cast it in the sea just for them because they  are so precious to Him. They are not to  be afraid or concerned in the least little bit. For God will come through for them.

The enemy will not have them and the storms of life will not destroy them. They can  watch and see His deliverance for them. He has it in the palm of His  hands and He will not stop until it is completed. His word is true:

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,  And my Lord has forgotten me."  "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Surely they may forget,  Yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;  Your walls are continually before Me.  Your sons shall make haste;  Your destroyers and those who laid you waste  Shall go away from you.  Lift up your eyes, look around and see;  All these gather together and come to you.  As I live," says the LORD,  "You shall surely clothe yourselves with them all as an ornament,  And bind them on you as a bride does.  "For your waste and desolate places, And the land of your destruction, Will even now be too small for the inhabitants;  And those who swallowed you up  will be far away. Isaiah 49:14-19

He is the Great Creator.

There is no other like Him.
The earth is full of the Creator’s spoken Words.
Not one Word will go void.
Not one syllable will go unanswered.
Not one letter will be left without another.
The Power in His Words will go on forever.

All man needs is in those precious words.
But man must step up to the plate and Work at learning them.
He must study, rehearse and digest them.
Then He will be full of the Beauty of the Lord.
Then He will be Full of His Person and Power.
The Choice is a daily one—Warrior or wimp.

The enemy will never stop his vigilance.
He is busy intimidating and belittling each person.
He is mocking and laughing and saying he knows better.
He is sure of his way and questions God’s Word is faithful.
He pretends friendship and mixes a little truth with his lies.
He tells you God can’t change circumstance and doesn’t love you.
If this trick doesn’t work then he tells you your better than everyone else.
Either way he has you.

Be careful my friend, the enemy is sly.
He is devious and persuasive.
You can depend on him to lie to you.
If you feel too small or too important then you know you have a problem.
Just surrender it to the Lord and He will take care of it.
Your power lies in a person.
His name is–Jesus Christ.

Your strength lies in trusting the promises in the Word.
Your courage lies in knowing what you have been called to do.
Your wisdom lies in listening to His Voice in your inner man.
Your freedom lies in the liberty that knowing the truth can bring.
Your position lies in recognizing you are merely a humble servant.
And your health lies in a deep relationship only With the LORD!

So surrender,
Study,
Walk,
Talk,
Exercise!



No comments:

Post a Comment