Sunday, July 21, 2013

God Himself Fights For You


God Himself Fights For You


"And I commanded Joshua at that time, saying, 'Your eyes have seen all that the LORD your God has done to these two kings; so will the LORD do to all the kingdoms through which you pass. 'You must not fear them, for the LORD your God Himself fights for you.' Deuteronomy 3:21-22


"For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? Deuteronomy 4:7


You don’t need anyone greater than God Himself to fight for you in the battles of life to be a winner and more than a conqueror. No one can defeat or stop God and victory is guaranteed for the blood bought believing child of God. His word is unchanging:


"Therefore You are great, O Lord GOD. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. "And who is like Your people, like Israel, the one nation on the earth whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people, to make for Himself a name-and to do for Youself great and awesome deeds for Your land-before Your people whom You redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, the nations, and their gods? "For You have made Your people Israel Your very own people forever; and You, LORD, have become their God. 2 Samuel 7:22-24


I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;  My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3


Yes, the LORD, the God of all power, is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. We can call upon Him, and He will answer us; He will be with us in trouble; He will deliver us and honor us.   With long life He will satisfy us, and show us His salvation. The Lord is good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon Him. His word is unchanging:


"I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart;  I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. When my enemies turn back,  They shall fall and perish at Your presence.  For You have maintained my right and my cause;  You sat on the throne judging in righteousness. (Psalm 9:1-3)


And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. Matthew 28:18-20


We are to never underestimate the importance of praise. It's one of the most powerful spiritual weapons we have. Praise is more than a pleasant song or a few uplifting words about God. It does something. It releases the very presence of God Himself. And, when the presence of God comes on the scene, our enemies are turned back. Sickness and disease can't stay on our body. Poverty can't stay in our house. The next time the devil tries to stifle our effectiveness, to drain us of the strength and wealth and victory that's ours in Christ Jesus, we can turn him back with this  powerful weapon. We can lift our hands and our voice and whole heart to God and praise Him for His goodness, faithfulness and loving kindness!  And then we can watch and see what the LORD will do. His word is unchanging:


For behold, Your enemies, O LORD, For behold, Your enemies shall perish; All the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.  But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox; I have been anointed with fresh oil. My eye also has seen my desire on my enemies;  My ears hear my desire on the wicked Who rise up against me.  The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.  Those who are planted in the house of the LORD Shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing, To declare that the LORD is upright;  He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. Psalm 92:9-15


All sin is separation from God. Let no man say he can exist outside of God or accomplish anything of lasting value without Him. This is simply not true. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father except by Him. No, man can’t do things on his own. He needs the Holy Presence of God to change him and make him whole.  Let no man say he is true when he is false. Let no man say he is pure when he is putrid. Let no man say he is spiritual, when he is carnal? Let each know who he really is and what he must do to change his ways. It is possible because Jesus Christ is alive and well  


The enemy is trying to hold God’s Presence away from His people but there are many who are ready and willing to embrace the truth once they hear of it or see its true effects on their lives. He is opening that door for them. He is delivering them of their deceivements. He is bringing a new day into Christian lives and then He will open it to all who hunger and thirst for Him. For God does have His timing and His choosing and His ways.


God wants us to live in that intimate place of knowing and experiencing His wisdom, revelation and presence now rather than when we die. We are to enjoy the presence and power of God every day and have Him speak to us at all times.  We need to cultivate a lifestyle of seeking for and living in the presence of the Lord and having various levels of visions and revelation and smelling the fragrances of heaven. We don’t need then to wrestle with God to get Him to take care of our needs when we have and experience His revelation and presence. When the presence of the Lord is our number one passion and falls upon us, everything else happens—deliverance, healing, restoration, forgiveness and cleansing. When we hold onto the hem of Jesus' garment and esteem Him above all else, it releases God's purposes to fall into place in our lives and we are anointed with fresh oil! Our enemies shall fall and perish at His presence, while we shall flourish like a palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon – strong, fresh, fruitful and alive, even in a dry and thirsty land.


For those who have been born again and filled with the Spirit of the living God, the Lord has become their all, including their shield, their exceedingly great rewards, their refuge and their portion in the land of the living. As they abide in His presence and under the shadow of the Almighty, He will take care of all their needs, fight all their battles, and give them victories over all their enemies whoever or whatever they might be. His word is unchanging:


"Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.  "Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him.  "But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.  "For My Angel will go before you and bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites and the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will cut them off.  "You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred pillars.  "So you shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. "No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.  "I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you. Exodus 23:20-27


I know that the LORD will maintain The cause of the afflicted, And justice for the poor. Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name;  The upright shall dwell in Your presence. Psalm 140:12-13


God loves everybody the same! There is no partiality when it comes to God's love and salvation by grace alone. But He does favor the one who pleases or seeks him more. God rewards those who diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6). Joseph had more favor than his brothers but Jacob loved them all. David constantly sought the Lord especially when he was in trouble. He loved God’s presence and understood its benefits. When he failed, he prayed that God would not cast him away from His presence, and not take His Holy Spirit from him. God’s word is true:


Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,  And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.  Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins,  And blot out all my iniquities.  Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence,  And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.  Psalm 51:6-12


God gave David great grace and favor because he had asked for it. Unlike others, David didn’t take God or His presence for granted and sought Him constantly. Similarly when we seek God with all our hearts and His presence we will find not only His presence but great grace just like the early Christians did. The bible records:


So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: "Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them,  "who by the mouth of Your servant David have said:  'Why did the nations rage,  And the people plot vain things?  The kings of the earth took their stand,  And the rulers were gathered together  Against the LORD and against His Christ.'  "For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together  "to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. "Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, "by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus."  And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the Word of God with boldness.   Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. Acts 4:24-33


Great grace is the supernatural function of the Holy Spirit coming upon us to do impossible feats by the spirit of grace. With this grace there is power and a presence that comes upon us as well a supernatural favor. And we all need favor because it opens all kinds of right doors for us and changes weeping and night into joy and morning. God’s word is true:


I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up,  And have not let my foes rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried out to You,  And You healed me.  O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave;  You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.  Sing praise to the LORD, You saints of His,  And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.  For His anger is but for a moment,  His favor is for life;  Weeping may endure for a night,  But joy comes in the morning. Now in my prosperity I said,  "I shall never be moved."  LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong;  You hid Your face, and I was troubled. Psalm 30:1-7


The LORD is slow to anger and great in power,  And will not at all acquit the wicked. The LORD has His way  In the whirlwind and in the storm,  And the clouds are the dust of His feet.  He rebukes the sea and makes it dry,  And dries up all the rivers.  Bashan and Carmel wither,  And the flower of Lebanon wilts.  The mountains quake before Him,  The hills melt,  And the earth heaves at His presence,  Yes, the world and all who dwell in it.  Who can stand before His indignation?  And who can endure the fierceness of His anger?  His fury is poured out like fire,  And the rocks are thrown down by Him.  The LORD is good,  A stronghold in the day of trouble;  And He knows those who trust in Him. But with an overflowing flood  He will make an utter end of its place,  And darkness will pursue His enemies. Nahum 1:3-8


Nothing can withstand God’s presence.  Jesus Christ is our everything and there is victory daily over all of our trials when we spend time in His presence and let the Word of God prevail in our hearts and minds.  The Resurrected Christ is alive and He is the same today and forever. Even today, He proves His living presence in our midst by performing wonders and miracles. He fills our hearts with divine peace and joy. We can take away the unbelief from our heart and believe that there is nothing impossible with our God. We can ask whatever we want in the mighty name of Jesus, and surely He will give us all that we want and make us a winner in everything for God’s word is unchanging:


Then the men rose from there and looked toward Sodom, and Abraham went with them to send them on the way.  And the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing,  "since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?  "For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and justice, that the LORD may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him."


And the LORD said, "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, "I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know." Genesis 18:16-21


Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him. Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart! Psalm 32:10-11


WALTER KAMBULOW
VICTORY MINISTRIES
FACEBOOK: WALT KAM


No comments:

Post a Comment