Saturday, July 27, 2013

THE BEST GIFT



The Best Gift

After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."

But Abram said, "Lord GOD, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?"

 Then Abram said, "Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!"  And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, "This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir."

Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."

And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. Genesis 15;1-6

The LORD, Himself, is the best gift that God’s children can ever have or receive. He is their shield and their exceedingly great reward.  There is nothing in the universe that can compare with the LORD. He is all that they need. He is their Savior, Healer, Redeemer, Deliverer, Prosperity and Baptizer in the Holy Spirit.  No matter what is happening to them or what they are going through God is always for them with them and never against them. His word is unchanging:

For thus says the LORD,  Who created the heavens, Who is God,  Who formed the earth and made it,  Who has established it,  Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited:  "I am the LORD, and there is no other.  I have not spoken in secret, In a dark place of the earth; I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain'; I, the LORD, speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. Isaiah 45:18-19

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. Jeremiah 29:11-14

For thus says the LORD to the house of Israel:  "Seek Me and live;  But do not seek Bethel,  Nor enter Gilgal,  Nor pass over to Beersheba;  For Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, And Bethel shall come to nothing.  Amos 5:4-5

Life, abundant life, is found in the LORD and nothing else, be it fortune, fame, riches or popularity. Everything else will be wonderful for a season and then when the season is over, it will leave us empty. But the LORD will never leave us empty or fail us but will fill us with good things, including Himself.  He who is life gives life to all things and makes life where there is no life. His word is true:

The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.  Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry.  And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"

So I answered, "O Lord GOD, You know."

Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 'Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.  "I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD." ' "

So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone.  Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.

Also He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live." ' "  So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Then He said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, 'Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!'  "Therefore prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

"Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. "I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it," says the LORD.' "Ezekiel 37:1-14

Only the LORD by His Holy Spirit can and will make dead bones to live again and put sinews on them and bring flesh upon them, cover them with skin and put breath in them so that they might live and know that He is the one and only LORD.  Only God can restore everything that was lost or stolen from His people. Only God can and will heal them from the top of their head to the tip of their toes. Only God can and will make them whole body, soul and Spirit. Only God can and will bless them out of their socks. His word is unchanging:

 Then the LORD will be zealous for His land,  And pity His people.  The LORD will answer and say to His people,  "Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil, And you will be satisfied by them;  I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations. "But I will remove far from you the northern army,  And will drive him away into a barren and desolate land,  With his face toward the eastern sea And his back toward the western sea; His stench will come up,  And his foul odor will rise,  Because he has done monstrous things."

Fear not, O land;  Be glad and rejoice,  For the LORD has done marvelous things! Do not be afraid, you beasts of the field;  For the open pastures are springing up,  And the tree bears its fruit;  The fig tree and the vine yield their strength.

Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the LORD your God;  For He has given you the former rain faithfully,  And He will cause the rain to come down for you- The former rain,  And the latter rain in the first month.  The threshing floors shall be full of wheat,  And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil. So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,  The crawling locust,  The consuming locust, And the chewing locust,  My great army which I sent among you.

You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,  And praise the name of the LORD your God,  Who has dealt wondrously with you;  And My people shall never be put to shame.  Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel:  I am the LORD your God  And there is no other.  My people shall never be put to shame. Joel 2:18-27

Yes, Jesus is the LORD and He is unlimited in His abilities, He is unlimited in His power, He is omnipotent; He is unlimited in His knowledge, He is omniscient; He is not limited by time or space, He is the omnipresent; immutable, unchangeable, I am: but above all, Christ is the unlimited Lord of love. The past, present and future are all present with our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a wonderful comfort to know that God holds the future in His hands, and He not only holds it, He can control and change it, and inform us of it. Christ is our great, immutable, unchangeable, “I Am.”

God by giving the fullness of His blessing to His reconciled enemies proves His perfect and unlimited love for us and we can respond by trusting Him at all times. Yes, Jesus is our redeeming God, “The Lord our righteousness,” and that those who accept Him as Lord and Savior can know forgiveness of sins and peace with God and be healed and made perfect, whole and complete. And our  Redeeming Lord will baptizes us in the Holy Spirit and gives the gifts of the Spirit so that we can see others become redeemed believers made complete in Christ who is all that they need for body, soul and spirit for Christ is unlimited in power and richest.

The doctrine of Christ's unlimited ability has a very practical application to us in our daily lives. Jesus is omnipotent, He can save, deliver and keep us. Jesus is our omniscient and all-wise Lord, He knows all about us, and can guide us in all our problems. Jesus is omnipresent, He is with us in every situation. Christ is the Great I Am, He knows and is in control of our future. Jesus is the Lord of unlimited love, He really cares for us. What a comfort these Divine attributes of Jesus give to those who love and serve Him. God’s word is unchanging:

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, My servants shall eat, But you shall be hungry; Behold, My servants shall drink, But you shall be thirsty; Behold, My servants shall rejoice, But you shall be ashamed;  Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart, But you shall cry for sorrow of heart, And wail for grief of spirit.  You shall leave your name as a curse to My chosen; For the Lord GOD will slay you, And call His servants by another name; So that he who blesses himself in the earth  Shall bless himself in the God of truth;  And he who swears in the earth Shall swear by the God of truth;  Because the former troubles are forgotten, And because they are hidden from My eyes. Isaiah 65:13-16

Yes, in times when a great tempest comes against God’s trusting ones, it’s wonderful to know that a vessel with Jesus in it cannot sink for even the winds and the sea obey Him as well as everything else, including demons.  Jesus will bring them safely to the other side of plenty and prosperity and victory.  But this is something that God’s people do not seem to understand that no matter what is going on the miracle working God of all power and unlimited riches and resources is on their side. He is for them and with them and not against them and wants to see them get safely through to the other side.  His trusting ones must not be fearful but are to faithful to stand against all the wiles of the enemy who seeks to destroy them by any means.  For the enemy walks about like a roaring lions seeking whom he may devour by any means. God’s word is unchanging:

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:8-11




WALTER KAMBULOW
FACEBOOK: WALT KAM

No comments:

Post a Comment