Sunday, July 14, 2013

MY INFIRMITIES



My Infirmities”

Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities.  For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me.  And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.  Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9

The idea that a servant of God will not suffer attacks, bear calamities, loss, hurt, damages,  difficulties, distresses, being feeble, or endure grievous hardships, infirmities, insults, necessities, needs, persecutions, reproaches, strong troubles, weaknesses and cruel words is false. Apostle Paul suffered serious situations including being whipped by the Jews five times with thirty nine lashes, beaten three with rods, stoned once, shipwrecked three times, in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of his own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren,  in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. But God through the power of Christ brought Apostle Paul through it all and enabled him to run and finish the race He had set before him!

Now it’s a fact that God does send judgment  of sickness upon people and this is found many times in the bible including:

Then the LORD came down in the pillar of cloud and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam. And they both went forward.  Then He said, "Hear now My words:  If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, make Myself known to him in a vision;  I speak to him in a dream. Not so with My servant Moses;  He is faithful in all My house.  I speak with him face to face, Even plainly, and not in dark sayings;  And he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid  To speak against My servant Moses?"   So the anger of the LORD was aroused against them, and He departed.  And when the cloud departed from above the tabernacle, suddenly Miriam became leprous, as white as snow. Then Aaron turned toward Miriam, and there she was, a leper.  So Aaron said to Moses, "Oh, my lord! Please do not lay this sin on us, in which we have done foolishly and in which we have sinned.  "Please do not let her be as one dead, whose flesh is half consumed when he comes out of his mother's womb!"  So Moses cried out to the LORD, saying, "Please heal her, O God, I pray!"  Then the LORD said to Moses, "If her father had but spit in her face, would she not be shamed seven days? Let her be shut out of the camp seven days, and afterward she may be received again." So Miriam was shut out of the camp seven days, and the people did not journey till Miriam was brought in again. Numbers 12:5-15

Fools, because of their transgression, And because of their iniquities, were afflicted. Their soul abhorred all manner of food, And they drew near to the gates of death. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions. Psalm 107:17-20

Now Herod had been very angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon; but they came to him with one accord, and having made Blastus the king's personal aide their friend, they asked for peace, because their country was supplied with food by the king's country.  So on a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat on his throne and gave an oration to them.  And the people kept shouting, "The voice of a god and not of a man!"  Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died. Acts 12:20-23

However nothing in God’s word tells us that Paul’s weakness was a physical sickness and because Paul knew the Lord to be a healer he would have been healed of any sickness. He also knew that people would not be healed if they did not judge themselves and hence he wrote:

For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.  1 Corinthians 11:30-32

And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;  For whom the LORD loves He chastens,  And scourges every son whom He receives."  If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?  But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.  Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?  For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.  Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.  Hebrews 12:5-11

We see from these passages of scripture that those who react properly to God’s chastening and judge themselves and turn to the LORD get healed but those who don’t do not get healed! Now this concept of repentance from wrong doing or deeds or sins is very scriptural. The bible tells us:

Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones. Proverbs 3:7-8

My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.  Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.  Proverbs 4:20-22

"When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:13-14

The LORD who healed Job from all the sicknesses that the Devil brought upon him and restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends giving Job twice as much as he had before and allowing Job to live one hundred and forty years after His testing, so Job died, old and full of days, has not changed and is still the Healer, Miracle Worker and Deliverer. And if we humble ourselves, fear the Lord and depart evil it will be health to our flesh, and strength to our bones! If we give attention to God’ words, incline our ear to His sayings, do not let them depart from our eyes, keep them in the midst of our heart they will be life to us health to all our flesh.  In other words we alone decide if we get healed or not because God’s has already done His part! His word is unchanging:

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-by whose stripes you were healed. 1 Peter 2:24

WALTER KAMBULOW
VICTORY MINISTRIES

No comments:

Post a Comment